In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: IT Manager
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The IT Manager will have the primary responsibility of maintaining a functional project IT equipment, software and system, assisting staff in developing and effectively using information technologies. S/he will assist in setting up and managing the project IT systems.
- Coordinate and maintain the setup of a secure, fully functional computer network in the project states offices.
- Ensure that necessary hardware and software as well as communication equipment are acquired, installed and maintained.
- Ensure real time backups of project databases (including project website and intranet) to effectively manage programs and administration of information need.
- Design file-sharing system on the project and/or AUN website to allow for effective and efficient sharing of files within the project and ensuring that business forms are updated regularly.
- Remotely support and troubleshoot users across project states on their daily work.
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
- Ensure regular updates of all office software, including anti-virus soft wares.
- Keeping the project up to date with new advancements in information and communication technologies.
- Training of Project staff to improve their computer skills (as required) and providing regular IT supports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor