Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Manager - Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
- The IT Manager will be responsible for providing technical support to all IT related issues for the project including but not limited to installation and testing of work stations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration among other IT related matters.
- Reporting & Supervision: The IT Manager will report to the Operations Manager.
- Implement and document network operations, processes, and procedures;
- Deploy and implement office network according to HQ specifications;
- Serve as the office Network Administrator;
- Identify and solve possible problems in the network;
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
- Supervise and follow-up on equipment maintenance performed by other contractors;
- Support and troubleshoot users in the office on their daily work;
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources.
- Participate in writing IT office policy;
- Responsible for IT inventory; work closely with the Operations Manager to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up;
- Set up, implement, and maintain hardware firewall;
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates;
- Implement and document a disaster recovery plan and offsite storage of backed up data;
- Assist other staff members in trouble shooting and solving IT related challenges; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.