The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), founded in 2011, is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
INSO Nigeria Country Office
- Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong country wide approach, supporting NGOs working on Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries. The coordination office operates from Abuja overseeing two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria and in Maroua, Cameroon.
- We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as IT Officer to be based in Abuja with regular travel to NE Nigeria.
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the IT and internet needs of all INSO staff are efficiently met. The IT Officer also supports for basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases of IT-related items.
- This position reports to the INSO Information Manager.
- Conception, preparation and implementation of the office IT set-up, under the supervision of the Information Manager.
- Ensure all INSO users have access to all relevant licensed software, including antivirus, MS office and GIS software.
- Assess the security threat to INSO IT systems and ensure it is appropriately mitigated.
- Ensure that emails and key electronic files are backed up once a month.
- Support the Information Manager in all IT-related tasks.
- Ensure maximum performance of INSO internet.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.