The mandate of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is derived from the 1958 Act of Parliament, as amended in 1991, 1993,1997,1998,1999 and 2007. The CBN Act of 2007 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria charges the Bank with the overall control and administration of the monetary and financial sector policies of the Federal Government. The objects of the CBN are as follows: ensure monetary and price stability; issue legal tender currency in Nigeria; maintain external reserves to safeguard the international value of the legal tender currency; promote a sound financial system in Nigeria; and act as Banker and provide economic and financial advice to the Federal Government. Consequently, the Bank is charged with the responsibility of administering the Banks and Other Financial Institutions (BOFI) Act (1991) as amended, with the sole aim of ensuring high standards of banking practice and financial stability through its surveillance activities, as well as the promotion of an efficient payment system. In addition to its core functions, CBN has over the years performed some major developmental functions, focussed on all the key sectors of the Nigerian economy (financial, agricultural and industrial sectors). Overall, these mandates are carried out by the Bank through its various departments.
Job Title: IT Officer/Systems Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Enugu , Kaduna , Oyo
Job Field: ICT / Computer
- To maintain the Centre’s Management Information Systems and to advise on matters relating to Information and Communication Technology.
LOCATIONS: Enugu, Ibadan, Zaria
- Manage technology services that meet operational requirements of the Centre.
- Serves as the lead IT liaison with senior administration, faculty, staff and students of the Centre and host university.
- Ensure the availability, performance and security of IT systems and applications at the Centre.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Perform systems, network, communications and data base management and administration.
- Set up, configure and maintain computer systems and issue password and login.
- Prepare tender specifications and advise on the selection of computer hardware and software, as required.
- Co-ordinate repairs and preventive maintenance of hardware and systems software.
- Provide inputs to the design, development, implementation and updating of the website of the Centre of Excellence.
- Carry out internal audits of the quality systems of the Centre.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.