Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes, and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Software Support Officer
Department: Information Technology
Summary of Functions
- Manage and improve applications and systems software in line with IT industry best practices to ensure high levels of availability, security and compliance
- Responsible for the maintenance of a continual software service improvement program.
- Provide effective software support and training to end users and automate business processes to make them more efficient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and correcting software defects and errors in a timely manner, in line with specified service levels.
- Accessing software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and other resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Maintaining a software support knowledgebase.
Strategy & Planning:
- Participating in and supporting capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Implementing and maintaining policies, procedures, and associated training plans for software development, performance testing, support and management.
- Managing software licensing and liaising with vendors to resolve issues
- Establishing service level agreements with end users.
- Designing, developing, maintaining and improving custom applications and websites.
- Installing, configuring and managing software applications as required on workstations, servers and other devices.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on application performance, including downtime, and recommending solutions for improvement.
- Documenting and tracking software-related service level agreements
- Recommending, scheduling, and performing software improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases in line with IT industry best practices.
- Creating required reports in response to business user needs.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement software-related end user training programs to increase user proficiency and self-sufficiency.
- Analyzing and automating business processes with the use of software to make them more efficient.
- Monitoring and reporting on the efficiency and utilization levels of automated business processes, and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of Business intelligence systems
- Monitoring and managing virtualized server environments
- Monitoring and managing databases
- Participating in Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned.