The Dow Chemical Company is a diverse community of more than 56,000 people, working with thousands of customers, markets, and industries in more than 160 countries around the globe. Our mission is to passionately create innovation for our stakeholders at the intersection of chemistry, biology, and physics. A key element of our strategy is to assemble the best talent from around the world to build one team, collaborating to solve our customers’ unique challenges. To help deliver these solutions, we are looking for a Junior Account Manager with a passion for sales to join our Commercial Development Program (CDP) in Nigeria location.
The CDP is an intensive induction program to prepare young talent in becoming Dow’s next generation of account representatives. It is an opportunity to develop selling skills not just in a complex B2B market but also in a dynamic, multicultural environment. During the 7-9 months in the program, the successful candidate will go:
- Through a rigorous training curriculum to develop selling, negotiation and presentation skills to become Solutions Consultants to customers.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the Business’s portfolio and market through a project to identify growth opportunities.
- Learn from the best via job shadowing with senior sellers and networking opportunities with leaders.
- Acquire capabilities in utilizing leading-edge technologies to manage customer relationships and drive business.
- Get access to a coach for direct feedback and guidance.
- Connect with a vibrant team spread across Europe, Middle East, Africa and India.
The program is in preparation for a Sales career in Dow, where the successful candidate will gain an account management role after completing the program, to:
- Manage own accounts to grow the business profitably and sustainably.
- Continuously assess business performance and market dynamics for opportunities and threats.
- Establish and nurture customer relationships, especially through travel, generating insights and executing go-to-market plans.
- Drive initiatives at the customer level via cross-functional teams and digital technologies.
- Be on top of own results.