De Santiago Milan Hotel and Suites is a top-class Luxury hotel with elegant and glamour. Starting from the lobby of the hotel to the elegantly finished rooms, the interior provide a comfortable and unmatched experience. Our hotel is primed for corporate, business and leisure travelers, offering superior services and excellent facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Kitchen Supervisor
- He / She is responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the duties of all stewarding department employees, facilities, operation and costs.
- Supervise the sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene as well as the quality level of product and services.
- Ensure Back of House areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up more efficient.
- Assist Chefs and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed.
- Coordinate with the Stewarding Manager in establishing minimum and maximum operating par stocks and supplies and approve storeroom requisition.
- Co-ordinate with the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager and Outlet Managers to check their requirements for the day and the next day.
- Assist in the location, movement and storage of banquet operational equipment.
- Assist in the stock take of equipment and other items as required.
- Work closely with the Chef, Banquets & Catering Manager to anticipate guest needs.
- Work with all departments to ensure items that are required for service are available when needed.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce the loss of silverware / flatware.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce breakage of China and Glasswares.
- Supervises employees ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensuring Stewarding staffs have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Prepare monthly reports on shortages in china silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.