Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Advisor
Project Overview and Role
- Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year $185 million project awarded to Palladium on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health.
- It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities.
- Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments, and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives. HP+ is supporting federal and state-level agencies to roll out the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF), while supporting states to strengthen its state- and local-level agencies and boards for implementation of the BHCPF and key health finance reforms.
- The HP+ Nigeria Knowledge Management Advisor is a full-time position to support the implementation of the project Knowledge Management Strategy.
- Specifically, s/he will work with other technical leads in the project to ensure that the project products, best practices, success stories, publications etc. are harnessed, stored and shared to the right audience in a timely manner.
- S/he will work closely with and receive technical support from the HP+ Communications team in DC.
- S/he will report to the HP+ Senior Advisor, Monitoring & Evaluation. The position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Lead in the implementation of the HP+ Knowledge Management Strategy.
- Work closely with Abuja-based technical team and state technical teams to identify, document and share HP+ success stories, lessons learned, and best practices, using a multi-media platform.
- Create and disseminate monthly HP+ Nigeria newsletter.
- Work with other technical leads in compiling quarterly reports and other required HP+ reporting.
- Constantly update the HP+ team with key publications, reports and news features related to the Basic Health Care Provision Fund in Nigeria.
- Create and maintain an online shared system for project resources, tools, and products.
- Build linkages and partnerships with media companies to promote ongoing conversation about the BHCPF and key health financing issues in Nigeria.
- Work with the local print and electronic media partners to promote HP+ research findings and programmatic learning, specifically targeting policymakers through strategic and cost-effective communication approaches.
- Develop and package community voices on specific advocacy issues and amplify them using strategic communication approaches.