Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
Job Title: Knowledge Management Advisor
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: Consultancy NGO/Non-Profit
Ref. No: sfh-84136
Job Type: Programs
- The Knowledge Management Advisor is responsible for developing processes, strategies and content for the dissemination of tools, results and lessons learned to a wide variety of audiences.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Lead in developing systems to ensure the availability of collective knowledge, lessons learned and results when and where needed;
- Integrate knowledge networking technologies and platforms and make them easy-to-access and use;
- Ensure SFH’s recognised leadership in knowledge networking is leveraged and expanded and that staff, network partners and stakeholders can access, use and add to this knowledge;
- Ensure results are translated into searchable lessons learned and added to SFH collective knowledge, allowing for iteration and continuous improvement of SCI development and humanitarian interventions;
- Provide coherent and consistent pillar-wide technical guidance in Knowledge Management and Strategic Communications, through appropriate and high-quality processes, frameworks and manuals;
- Collaborate with the Research Advisor and advocacy team to support programme extensive learning, adaptation and strategic communications;
- Maintain quality assurance standards for all programme products (including reports, booklets, manuals, leaflets, posters, banners, documentation, website and social media newsletters) and support quality assurance and dissemination of programme products;
- Other duties as specified by the line manager.