Knowledge Management and Communications Advisor
Ref Id: sfh-46467
- The position will be responsible for communications and knowledge management activities across the programme using different approaches to influence a wide variety of government, donor, media, community stakeholders and share evidence and case studies from the programme implementation.
- S/He will work closely with technical staff to develop compelling materials to support advocacy, communications and knowledge management efforts with identified Government stakeholders and other external agencies.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Develop compelling communications materials for the project based on lessons learned and experiences from the project for print and online
- Support in the preparation of timely program reports (quarterly, semi-annual and annual) for the project, SFH Members and the donor, ensuring utmost quality in collaboration with M&E and other technical staff.
- Develop case studies, success stories for the project and ensure that these meet USAID and SFH child safeguarding policies.
- Work within USAID marking and branding agreement on for the project to ensure that USAID visibility and branding guidelines are adhered to where relevant and appropriate to the context
- Explore opportunities to communicate about the project with a wide variety of state and national level stakeholders, using innovative methods.
- Prepare reports, factsheets, newsletter, briefing papers and presentations for internal and external audiences, as directed. Ensure strong procedures are set in place to document programme learning.
- Lead internal communications about the project and ensure availability of project page on SFH Nigeria website and regularly update project information on the website page, Twitter and other approved media platforms.
- Review and approve key messages points, press releases, and other media materials produced by the programme, ensuring compliance to agreed protocols.
- Support development of the knowledge management strategy for the key populations project, focusing on short- and long-term objectives and related to wider issues on the project in collaboration with the relevant Technical staff
- Support development of project-wide communication strategy and creative briefs that will guide the development of media messages and materials
- Acquire information and understanding of social policy and adapt strategies, as necessary.
- Identify and maximise opportunities to raise the visibility and profile of the programme, both internationally and in-country.
- Develop strategic relationships with other Country Office programmes, partner agencies engaged in knowledge management and Social Protection policy framework.
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society and the media.
- Build the capacity of staff from SFH and partner agencies in knowledge management and communications.
- Where required, represent SFH at various policy forums and KM opportunities at national and international levels.
- Liaise closely with staff in the Policy and Communication units at SFH and coordinate with other SFH members where and when necessary
- Develop good knowledge of state and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision-making structures and how to influence them.
- Undertake a range of communications and KM activities to inform and persuade policy makers, including donors and politicians, of the value of SFH’s policy recommendations.
- Build systems for research, analysis and documentation that underpin evidence-based KM and influencing at state and national levels.
- Develop knowledge management and communication strategies for key advocacy/communications messages.