CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager
Expected Travel: up to 40%
Language Requirement: English
- CARE Nigeria is a young CARE office with a growing humanitarian program in the conflict affected Northeast area of the country (in particular, Borno and Yobe States). With gender as a core focus the team is developing a strong portfolio of gender justice programs focused on Food and Nutrition Security and Livelihoods (FNSL), Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) and Gender-based violence prevention and response.
- At this growth stage, we are seeking an experienced Knowledge Management and Learning M&E Communication Manager to provide strong support in areas of knowledge management, learning and impact measurement to ensure that staff are trained and knowledgeable in CARE’s frameworks and approaches (CI standards), and that these are all integrated with documented impact.
- This position will enhance program quality and impact by ensuring that CARE’s program in Nigeria is addressing the underlying causes of poverty and vulnerability. S/he will also be responsible for building the capacity of Country Office and partner staff to design and implement relief and development programs according to industry best practices; and for overseeing the mainstreaming of cross-cutting initiatives women’s empowerment and partnership.
- Under the oversight of the person in this role, CARE’s programs will be monitored and evaluated; and lessons learned will be applied to project revisions, and new project designs to improve CARE’s program quality. This includes dissemination both internally and externally. S/he will also need to have a good understanding of programmatic issues in both development and humanitarian contexts, across several sectors.
- Lead and cultivate a climate of reflection, learning and curiosity
- Adapt and apply CARE’s Program Quality (PQ) Standards related to learning, KML to CO context
- Provides leadership, training and coaching in learning and knowledge management for program tea
- Support teams in developing quality proposals in pursuit of funding opportunities
- Ensure synergy, reflection support and learning across departments, teams, offices and projects
- Ensure external relations, internal liaison and communications