The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist (Physics)
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Institution: American University of Nigeria
Interview Date: TBD
Expected Starting Date: TBD during interview.
Hours: Full Time
- AUN is seeking a motivated Physics Laboratory Technologist who will be responsible for preparing and supervising practical laboratory sessions, responding to the needs of the faculty and student research projects, handling of minor maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment as well as the preparation of solutions and setting-up of equipment for scheduled labs.
- The incumbent shall also ensure that lab safety rules are adhered to in accordance with the University’s laboratory standard operating procedures. The candidate contributes to preparing students to be applied, critical thinkers and problem solvers through innovative teaching and research.
- Asides the teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate is also expected to contribute to the department’s administration and scholarly work by carrying out and disseminating high quality research.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required. The right candidate must have a strong command of English language.
- Responding to the needs of the faculty and student research projects,
- Handling of minor maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment
- Setting-up of equipment for scheduled labs.
- The incumbent shall also ensure that lab safety rules are adhered to in accordance with the University’s laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Contribute to AUN’s community service and development.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair/Dean.