The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB,HIV,RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate an ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The GMU, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Radiologist
Reporting to: GMU/State Tuberculosis & Leprosy Control Program
- His/ her main job is to interpret images from medical imaging equipment in order to ensure quality as well as make diagnoses.
- S/he must be able to advice on radiology matters to ensure the maintenance of professional standards of radiology and promote appropriate and safe practices.
- S/he will also be required to see patients as needed in order to conclude on radiological diagnoses and recommend management.
- S/he will also work closely with the team of Radiographers and provide supportive, on-the-job supervision to them.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to interpret images from medical imaging equipment in order to ensure quality as well as make diagnoses.
- Must be able to provide efficient, effective, professional and timely radiological services on and off site.
- Must be able to assist, supervise and advise other X-ray screening staff to ensure quality and professional services.
- Must be able to advice on radiology matters to ensure the maintenance of professional standards of radiology and promote appropriate and safe practices.
- Must be able to participate actively in promoting and planning of further development concerning equipment needs, maintenance and replacement to meet international standards.
- Must be able to evolve or advise on comprehensive program of total quality management to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Ensure that there is no mishandling of equipment and accessories and that all start up and shut clown protocols are followed.
- Any other duties assigned by the PR for the seamless implementation of screening for Tuberculosis using X-ray strategy in the State.