The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as:
Job Title: LCB Deputy Safety Advisor
Location: Maiduguri - Borno/Abuja
- The Deputy Safety Advisor will be responsible for the co-production of analytic and research products related to the security and humanitarian context in North East Nigeria under the supervision of the Safety Advisor and the Regional Analyst for the Lake Chad Basin
- The work will involve multiple field trips across Borno, Yobe, Adamawa and Gombe states, as well as creating and maintaining relations with other national researchers, scholars and journalists.
We are actually seeking for a Deputy Safety Advisor to support the Safety Advisor for Maiduguri and the Regional Analyst for the Lake Chad Basin region in the following areas of responsibility:
- Provide contextually specific inputs for thematic & special reports, scenario forecasts, area briefs/assessments and other products:
- Liaise closely with NGOs, the UN, local authorities, traditional and religious leaders, academic community, journalists and others to obtain relevant contextual information for NGOs use
- Monitor media in local languages, providing summaries and translations
- Monitor open sources for AOG and SF activity, statements, and external analysis related to the conflict
- Identify useful sources of information, including public archives, and help building an INSO North East library
- Contribute to enhance INSO’s analytical and research products with contextually specific knowledge on the political, ethnic and historical aspects
- Conduct regular field trips to develop local expertise of the context
- Suggest research topics and prepare research proposals
- Support the Safety Advisor and the Regional Analyst with INSO scheduled services and products:
- Prepare presentation drafts and give support during the scheduled presentation of INSO services
- Conduct database searches, including manual disaggregation of incidents
- Prepare drafts for INSO written scheduled products
Information and database management:
- Assist with database maintenance, regularly monitoring data consistency
- Research on different models of graphic representation of data to enhance INSO analytical products
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and meetings related to the products
- Adhere to INSO safety policies and procedures
- Fully comply with INSO policy directives;
- Observe and maintain the confidentiality and safety of all NGO information;
- Observe and maintain the confidentiality and safety of any documentation/procedures as outlined by INSO
- Adopts professional conduct and positive attitude
- Other tasks may be requested and should be executed diligently
- Manage your time in the office effectively.
- Work to ensure a positive working atmosphere by enhancing a cordial working relationship.