Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Lead Structural Engineer
Offer ID: 12645BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
Metier: Project Management, Site Construction/Supervision
- Carries out preliminary, basic, and detailed structural engineering studies and produce associated deliverables.
- Supervises and is responsible for the activities of structural discipline engineers, including delegation of works and management of individuals’ workloads.
- Reviews structural discipline engineering deliverables to ensure technical quality.
- Reviews designs produced by the Company or contractors to ensure compliance with Company structural general specifications and applicable project structural specifications.
- Develops and contributes to equipment specifications for procurement purposes.
- Reviews of contractor structural deliverables to ensure technical quality.
- Reads and interprets facility engineering drawings and make necessary modifications or recommendations.
- Advises other departments on structural related issues, including suggesting technical solutions to problems, identifying best practices, etc.
- Liaises with suppliers and manufacturers of equipment and materials to ensure technical specifications are understood and met.
- Prepares and cross-checks relevant procedures, international standards and Company technical specifications for application into design activities.
- Ensures a safe and consistent application of Total’s referential documents, codes, standards and good engineering practice with respect to Structural discipline as the Technical Authority on Structures.
- Be the SECE (Safety & Environmental Critical Elements) Guardian for Structural Integrity, Dropped Object Protection, Blast Resistant Construction and Fire Mitigation by ensuring that the integrity of these elements are assured throughout the operational life of the asset