AB InBev is the world's leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
Job Title: Lead, Sustainability and Stakeholder Management
- Opportunity exists for a Sustainability and Stakeholder Manager (S&SM) to lead the development and execution of a broad-based strategic sustainable development initiative for International Breweries Plc deriving from the Global 2025 Sustainability Goals.
- The position holder also coordinates the activities of the International Breweries Foundation.
Key Roles and Resoponsibilities
- Drive the achievement of the country 2025 Goals on Climate Action, Smart Agriculture, Water Stewardship, Circular Packaging, Smart Drinking and Better World initiatives.
- Develop and implement innovative programmes and initiatives on the Goals.
- Continuously secure and leverage senior level commitment and support for integrating sustainable development into core processes and decision-making.
- Collaborate with the company’s internal groups to develop a co-ordinated sustainability plan.
- Serve as the internal leader and “go to” expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics
- Ensure appropriate internal controls and measurement systems are in place to support sustainability efforts.
- Source, secure and sustain partnerships with other partner organisations or institutions who have similar CSR ambitions to leverage scale and economies
- Prepare periodic reports of planned, on-going and completed projects for each Corporate Social Responsibility cycle and year.
- Own and manage the country stakeholder engagement master plan.
- Execute the company’s annual Sustainability Report
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR):
- Ensure that the company’s Better World initiatives and other CSR investments and interventions build corporate reputation and contribute to driving corporate success.
- Support the activities of the site’s Corporate Affairs Managers as may be required on CSR at sites.
- Conduct research create ideas and detailed plans and implement and coordinate a range of activities and initiatives, which are designed to have a positive impact on communities and the society.
- Work with external agency to develop and maintain detailed proposals for CSR, including identifying and implementing sponsorships with non-profit and other organizations to demonstrate commitment externally
- Oversee Employee Volunteerism – Better World Champions – across the country’s operations.
- National CSR Programmes: develop and work on special national CSR projects (exclusive to community CSR projects) to project the company as a national brand. Such programmes include the Kickstart empowerment programme.
- Manage site mobilisation, implementation, completion, handover and delivery of social investment projects on time and within approved budget limit.
Sustainable Development Communications:
- Work with the Internal and Corporate Communications team to ensure there is effective internal and external communications of Sustainability and CSR activity including stakeholder engagement. Foster a culture of sustainability through ongoing organizational communications and education.
- Collaborate closely with internal subject matter experts e.g., Head of Environment, Ecology, Health & Safety etc to ensure appropriate responses and communications on their subject areas.
- Impact story telling and showcase, collaborate with the Communications Manager, CAMs and other relevant Managers to communicante progress and impact of our key sustainability initiatives internally and externally, including leveraging national, regional and global platforms to showcase the success of such initiatives.