Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning for Results Lead
Job Ref.: CURRI01643
Job type: Full-time
- The seven-year PLANE project, funded by the Department for International Development (DfID), is a flagship basic education programme to be implemented in Nigeria starting next year. The Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) project will directly support improved learning of foundational skills for children in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa states and indirectly benefit children in those states and nationally, to enable better learning outcomes including for marginalized groups of children.
- Creative is seeking a Learning for Results Lead who will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all curriculum development activities, including leading and coordinating design, development, and implementation.
- The position requires technical experience with design, development, implementation, and assessment of Early Grade Reading Curricula.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Team Leader.
- Support, design, and develop Early Grade Reading (EGR) curriculum teaching and learning materials (TLM) including student textbooks teacher guides student work books continuous assessment books;
- Support the scope and sequencing drafting and field-testing refinement piloting assessing and revision of the EGR TLM;
- Provide technical support for the development of various evaluation tools to be used for qualitative and quantitative assessment of EGR learning materials and carry out various evaluations using those instruments as required;
- Support various capacity development programs provided to improve and upgrade the capacity of the Ministry of Education (MOE) to plan design develop and implement EGR curriculum in the system;
- Manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas;
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all data: quarterly reports, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data, financial information, etc;
- Lead regular meetings and maintain regular communication with state level team counterparts, to ensure coherent planning, M&E practices, and project troubleshooting; and
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.