The hint for creation of the University came during 1979 Nigeria general elections, when a gubernatorial candidate for Ondo State, Chief M. A. Ajasin made the university creation one of his campaign promises. In March, 1981, Chief Ajasin as the Governor of Ondo State, announced the establishment a multi-campus university at the launching of 4th National Development Plan and constituted a 17-member Consultative Committee to work on the University blueprint Vision Producing graduates adequately equipped to handle contemporary Socio-economic and environmental challenges through cutting edge research in science, technology and humanites, driven by Information and Communication Technology Mission To provide a high quality educational experience shaped by outstanding teaching and research that benefit cultures, societies and the economies.
Job Title: Lecturer II (CONUASS 03)
We are in need of Lecturers II in the following departments:
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Haematology and Blood Transfusion.
Qualifications and Experience (Clinical Departments)
- Candidates must possess the Part I Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African Postgraduate Medical College
- Computer literacy is an important requirement.
Qualifications and Experience (Nursing Science)
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division, Registered as a Nurse / Midwife / Public Health with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, Master's Degree in Nursing.
Conditions of Service
- As contained in the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti condition of Service Governing Staff appointment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Applications (15 copies) which should include candidates Curriculum Vitae as follows:
Post being sought
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
- State / Local Govt. Area
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Addresses of three Referees who should be requested to forward their References to the Registrar
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including awarding institutions and dates)
- Current position
- Previous Posts with dates
- Details of Publications (to include authors, title of articles or books, journal name, volume no, pages and dates of publication)
- Short statement of current research activities
- Date of availability for duties if appointed.
All Applications and supporting documents should be forwarded to:
Ekiti State University,
P.M.B. 5363, Ado-Ekiti,
Note: Final consideration of appointment as Professor or Reader will be made after positive Report on the assessment of publication and interview.