A law firm based in Lagos requires a Legal Associate to join its team of experienced lawyers.
Provide Legal Support:
- Associate Attorneys have to complete extensive case-related research into relevant laws and regulations, negotiate on behalf of clients, draft and interpret contracts and legal documents, and oversee compliance to these documents.
- He conducts research to properly advise clients, develops litigation strategies, and gathers evidence to support claims, prepares legal documents and represents clients in court.
- They must plan and present arguments and counter-arguments in a court of law.
- Organize legal documents by document and case type and witness area of expertise.
- Support in organising training and programmes as necessary
- At least twice a year the Associate is required to make a legal presentation to all other members of staff on a topic of choice that may be inspired by current affairs or approved by the Supervisor or Managing Partner
- Assist and support senior attorneys in handling complex cases.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes
Maintain Client Relationships
- An associate attorney works closely with clients to manage a case from beginning to end.
- Throughout any legal process, creating and maintaining a good rapport with a firm’s clients is a key task for Associate Attorneys. This includes communicating often and explaining complex legal proceedings and concepts.
- Integrate best practices and standards in handling clients and their cases.
- Update Clients after every court attendance or as and when due