The Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI), formerly known as Centre for Communication Programs Nigeria (CCPN) was registered in 2001 as a Non-Governmental Organization with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
Birthed in Nigeria by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (JHCCP), Baltimore, USA, CCPN transitioned its operations under the new name CCSI after an exciting 10 years of growth and operations in Nigeria and other African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LGA Social Mobilization Assistant
Locations: Akwa Ibom, Benue, Nasarawa, Oyo, Zamfara
Reports to: Assistant State Coordinator – Malaria SBCC
- The LGA Social Mobilization Assistant will provide support to the LGA /Ward level planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of social and community mobilization, and advocacy activities.
- S/he is expected to work under the direction of the State Assistant Coordinator, in close collaboration with the LGA Malaria focal officer, Community Leadership, Ward Development Committees (WDC) and Community Volunteers (CVs) to plan, organize, conduct, report and follow-up social and community mobilization activities related to malaria.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall support to the LGA / Wards as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties maybe assigned:
- Engagement with LGA Stakeholders, Community leadership and structures
- Support the mapping of stakeholders and existing community structures in selected Wards
- Support advocacy visits to leadership of identified and mapped community structures.
- Identify and recruit community volunteers in collaboration with community leadership
- Incorporate WDCs into social mobilization structures
- Train and provide support to WDCs, CVs, health facility workers and LGA malaria focal persons on SBC
- Conduct orientation for TBAs/CHIPS, religious leaders, school teachers and WDCs on the importance of referrals (Sick persons to health facility) and pregnant women for IPTp uptake
- Support households visit
- Support compound meetings
- Support community dialogues
- Organize sport and song competitions in schools
- Conduct malaria education /Quiz on the use of LLINs in schools (including formation of malaria clubs)
- Support malaria education in religious houses.
- Provide malaria education during association meetings of persons with disability and other special events.
- Research, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Maintain a database of LGA stakeholders, households and community’s structures
- Support monthly coordination / review meeting with CV’s and WDCs at LGA level
- Support monthly After-Action Review, Retrospective Review and Case Studies meetings with communities.
- Support documentation of Lessons learned, Most Significant Change stories, Human angle stories, photos and photo story telling.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports