Job Title: Liaison Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Identify a contact list (from authority, security entities, community leaders, HF staff, district office staff, local council …etc.) that can be used in case of the team having problem in the field/check points, to ensure safe access to implement MDM medical activities.
- Assess on a daily basis the security context. Global and Local.
- Analyze and report the security and contextual data using MDM validated tools.
- To support and monitor the implementation of the security pack in all operational bases
- Validate staff movements when needed.
- Ensure proper update and delivery of constant companion cards for key staffs
- Conduct on-going security risk and threats assessment
- Monitor a mechanisms of security alerts to all key staff
- Brief incoming national personnel and ensure personnel are kept up to date on changing security conditions.
- Maintain and analyse an incident reporting system.
- Advise on technical protection and communications matters, such as site selection and protection, as well as the functioning and good use of communications equipment
- Be involved in incident response and crisis management and subsequent reviews and evaluations in collaboration with the Log Coordinator.
- Brief expatriates or any new external visitor about the national context
- Brief expatriates or any new external visitor about cultural and social customs
- Oversee adherence to procedures and plans.
- Liaison with Authorities and Humanitarian Actors
- Develop, maintain and establish an effective communication and good relationship with authorities and other humanitarian actors in order to proceed for: Facilitating visits of MDM staff with authorities, and obtaining access authorization for current and potential intervention areas
- Keep informed the General Coordinator of any information concerning changes in the procedures and/or the legal context frame.
- Participate in any scheduled technical and coordination meetings when needed
- To be the main interlocutor with security forces in the country
- Liaise with and exchange information with other aid organisations and with the authorities.
- To represent MDM values as secular, independent association whose commitment is to support sustainable improvement of health policies.
- To develop SOP, validation procedures and briefing prior to fieldtrips to new and/or sensitive areas
- Develop and update a focal points database for info collection on permanent basis.
- During identification of MDM new locations of interventions, liaison officer should collect information about the possible places from the different networks (i.e. Authority, community leaders, MAG, other relevant actors) and gather needed information about the location safety, access, and other relevant actors on the screen.
- To get verification of safe access by communication with key people (to be identified in each targeted location) before each field visit.
- During fieldtrips, to coordinate the convoy, represent MDM in check points, and to introduce the objective of the assessment, importance, and methodology if needed.
- Request to medical team any information/issues/concerns that might affect the team safety or MDM acceptance in the area of intervention (i.e. if they face/feel community resistance for family planning, vaccination, handling GBV case… etc.
- Liaison officer is the person in charge to answer authority on non-technical questions, (example in check points)
- He is in charge to introduce MDM team to people and to explain about MDM, presence, activities. etc.
- Identify possible places for team hibernation in the field and advise on adaptation of security pack based on new needs and context factors.
- Identify relevant actors in the area and get involved in the actors mapping, including analysis of relationships and dynamics between different actors and impact on MDM intervention.
- Be flexible in performing his duties
- Inform immediately the General Coordinator in case of any security problem
- Realize a weekly and monthly activities report to submit to the General coordinator
- Participate in a pro-active way in MdM internal meetings (general, admin, security…)
- Ensure the translation of documents when needed.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the General Coordinator and country team coordinator