- The Polytechnic Librarian is a principal officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Polytechnic library.
- Frames the overall library policy personal contacts and liaise with Departments,
- Prepare library budgets.
- Responsible for establishing policy of library exchange.
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Rector.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a single term appointment for a period of five years. Conditions of service for, the post are the same as obtained in other Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other fits’ attached to the position of a principal officer of Federal Polytechnics. The salary package is similar to the approved package by the National salaries, income and wages Commission for the Polytechnic Librarian of Federal Polytechnics.