Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practising Librarian / Academic,
- Possess a good Honours Degree and a PhD in Library and Information Science from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience, preferably in the University system.
- Have attained the rank of Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University.
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven record of sound administrative leadership.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and the head of the University’s Library, candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership;
- The candidate must possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life;
- The candidate must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Honours / Distinctions
- Positions held with dates
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Learned Societies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover; directly to the “Vice-Chancellor” via the address below.
All Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Position of University Librarian” to:
Federal University Lokoja,
Lokoja, Kogi State.