Akintola Williams Deloitte is the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) member firm in Nigeria and the oldest indigenous professional services firm in Nigeria. The firm was established in 1952 by Mr. Akintola Williams, FCA, CFR, CBE, the doyen of the accountancy profession in Nigeria. Our approach to corporate responsibility is shaped by the recognition that, because we are a professional services organization, our impact on society comes in large part from the way they serve clients
Job Title: Livelihood Adviser (State Level)
Job Type Contract , Full Time
Job Type: Contract
- The Livelihood Adviser will provide advice and guidance to strengthen the quality of implementation of livelihood components of the project.
- The Consultants will provide strategic technical leadership in developing livelihood sector strategies, implementation plans, knowledge products and other documents as required.
- In addition, the adviser will ensure that project interventions are performed as planned.
- Assist in assessing existing livelihoods activities and value chains beneficial to the women in the corresponding project state
- Assist to research existing agricultural systems at the State level and establishing partnerships with corresponding MDAs in the project state to identify available value chain programs and establish links with Agricultural extension workers
- Support the use of LGA assessments to design interventions related to component 2 of the project, specifically, to identify existing value chains, areas of intervention and scope of work of the Barefoot Business Councillors (BBCs)
- Assist Federal Advisers and Anchors to Identify and facilitate the recruitment of agency/CSO/university/individual with credentials on Business Advisory Services related background and experience to train the BBCs
- Support and facilitate in the creation of the cadre of Barefoot Business Counsellors (BBCs) under the supervision of the LPIUs and the development of eligibility criteria to guide the selection of BBCs
- Facilitate the development of BBCs Training manual in collaboration with the Federal and LGA Project Units that BBC’s are properly trained to provide knowledge and technical input for preparation of business plan by WAG members
- Support the evaluation of livelihood grant proposals and assist LGA evaluation committees in this process.
- Provide guidance on approaches to enhance the quality of existing livelihoods programs
- Assist in overseeing training of livelihood groups on the relevant livelihood sectors and skills needed to be successful
- Guide the development of monitoring tools to assist the field teams in monitoring the progress of the livelihood groups at the state level
- Assist in the development of state work plans
- Any other technical tasks as assigned by the Project.