In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Livelihood Assistant (3 slots)
Department: Atiku Center
Opening Date: May 21, 2020
Closing Date: May 26, 2020
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Livelihood Officer
The Livelihoods Assistant will support the Livelihood Officer for technical implementation of the cash transfer program.
- Assist to screening, selected and verification of Beneficiaries as instructed by the Livelihood officer.
- Support in providing livelihood guidance to beneficiaries and/or group to increase beneficiaries’ awareness of different business options.
- Assist in providing information to beneficiaries about livelihood and business development opportunities.
- Support in assisting beneficiaries to establish home gardens/poultry production.
- Assist so as to facilitate the implementation of Cash Transfer programmes and funds for Work
- Provide administrative support if required.
- Any other task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.