Intercommunity Development Social Organization (IDS) is a voluntary non-governmental organization with a mission to facilitate sustainable development program to improve on the living conditions of vulnerable women, youths, children and other minority groups in the society through peace building, socio-economic empowerment, Education, Health and promotion of democracy, justice and equity in Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihood Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
Duration: 4 months
- The Livelihood Officer is responsible for assisting Project Program Manager, project partners and communities in planning, implementation and monitoring of key project activities in close coordination with different stakeholders and service providers.
- Prepare plans for effective execution of the project activities related to livelihood approaches to disaster resilience as stipulated in the project document which includes but not limited to skills, practices and capacities to manage resources and skills particularly of poor and vulnerable and institutional strengthening to increase their salience of the target communities to different hazards and victimization.
- Assist Project Coordinator, other project staff and project partners to break-down and elaborate the project strategies if and when necessary to integrate into development and disaster risk reduction to increase the resilience of the communities.
- Assist Project Coordinator and project partners to establish close coordination and cooperation with district line agencies and authorities, between local project partners, communities, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders at project level for effective delivery of project activities and policy influence at local level.
- Identify, prioritize and support communities to implement potential livelihood strategies that are less sensitive to existing and potential hazards and resilient to disasters.
- Design, develop and provide necessary training for target communities to develop skills and capacities for disaster resilient livelihood strategies and viable options for income.