In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Position: Livelihood Officer
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Location: Maiduguri or Yola
Supervisor: Report to the Project Director
The Livelihoods Officer will support the technical implementation of the cash transfer project by ensuring that the project activities are done within the time frame. Organize and manage the distribution of cash to targeted households.
- Organize and supervise the distribution of cash to the targeted beneficiaries.
- Responsible for the selection and verification of beneficiaries in coordination with community committee and authorities and the use of selection criteria
- Actively engage and support in community sensitization activities on selection criteria, cash redemption process and feedback mechanism.
- Develop distribution plans for Cash and share for final approval.
- Maintain clear communication with cash transfer agents and beneficiaries in accordance with Project policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with cash transfer agents on the schedule of distributions to make sure they are ready with cash to smoothly distribute cash to beneficiaries.
- Organize cash distributions considering safety and dignity of beneficiaries
- Conduct field visits to project sites and meet with community leaders to select specific vulnerable locations for targeting and ensure a conducive community mobilization system
- Provide close supervision and monitoring to the implementation of livelihood project-related activities in the field.
- Conduct post-distribution monitoring.
- Support in conducting market assessments or cash feasibility assessment in the targeted communities.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.