The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihoods and Food Security Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- NRC is looking for a Livelihood and Security Officer for our field offices in Mubi, Adamawa State in Northern Nigeria.
- The purpose of the Livelihood and Food Security Officer is to ensure the Implementation of Livelihood and Food Security programme activities in Adamawa State
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA, Education Livelihood and Food Security; in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Livelihood and Food Security Officer reports to the Livelihood and Food Security Coordinator
- Internal and Female Candidates are strongly advised to apply.
- Conduct livelihoods assessments to determine the most viable income-generating activities.
- Responsible for coordination with all key stakeholders and register project beneficiaries.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and partners in training of beneficiaries on small scale business, income generating activities and vocational skills.
- Coordinate the food security activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Coordinate with relevant partners working in the same implementation areas
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Supervise, train and develop a team of livelihood /food assistance
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Investigate and facilitate the introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- B.Sc in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences
- Work experience from the Borno/Adamawa context preferred
- Experience and understanding of Selection, Planning and Management (SPM) of Income Generating Activities (IGAs) both farm and off-farm.
- Proven experience in Income Generation Activities and
- Proven experience in Vocational Skills Training
- Experience in beneficiary skills training and distribution of conditional business grants or small business startup kits.
- Experience from working in livelihoods and food security humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of the context in Northeast Nigeria
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Highest standard of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with respects