Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihoods Assistant - CBT
Location: Ngala, Borno
- The Cash Base Transfer Assistant is responsible for assisting the Cash Based Transfer Officer in the implementation of DRC CBT activities in the intervention communities in Borno State (Ngala).
Duties and Responsibilities
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist in planning and ensuring the effective implementation of the CBT (Cash Based Transfer).
- Assist in all CBT related field work, including community mobilization, beneficiary identification/registration, distributions, and monitoring.
- Assist in ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Participate in trader identification, selection and training.
- Assist in maintaining all documentations relating directly to CBT activities required to ensure accountability to DRC and donors, particularly where labor is concerned.
- Assist in administrative matters relating directly to CBT activities: time-sheets, payment schedules, required paper-work and liaison with finance department.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Work with the Programme Officer to prepare monthly cash requirement forecast for CBT activities.
- Provide information on CBT activities as requested by the Programme Officer.
- Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project participant complaints, local authority interference, and security threats to DRC staff and activities.
- Assist DRC Security Officer and Cash Based Transfer Officer on any threats to DRC staff and activities; promptly reporting incidents/security threats in areas of operation.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to DRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- And any other duties assigned to him/her by the Cash Based Transfer Officer.