Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihoods Assistant - Nutrition
Locations: Bama, Mafa - Borno
Contract type: National contract
About the job
- The Livelihoods Assistant - Nutrition is responsible to assist the Livelihoods Officer - Nutrition in the implementation of DRC activities within the scope WFP programme in Borno State (Mafa & Bama)
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist in all the Nutrition activities including nutrition screening and distribution.
- Supervise Nutrition Workers.
- Conduct training and sensitisation activities related to food distributions and nutrition.
- Assist in Planning, supervising and monitoring training, awareness and sensitisation activities, including maintenance and verification of all supporting documentation and activities (e.g. pre- and post-tests).
- Assist in Maintaining records of all activities, in order to complete timely reports for DRC and for external actors, including donors.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all nutrition-related activities, including screening, referrals and follow up.
- Assist the Nutrition Officer in project documentation.
- Promote the rights of displaced people and affected populations, and explore and assess new and better ways to provide timely, effective and appropriate assistance.
- Assist in gap analysis, needs assessment, conducting registration, receiving commodities and distributing to beneficiaries in locations adversely affected by the conflict.
- Ensuring quality MUAC screening takes place at all team registrations: children are accurately recorded in terms of their nutrition status;
- Assist in Ensuring appropriate implementation of Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme (BSFP) for children 6- 59 months and the Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to DRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- And any other duties assigned to him/her by the Food Security Manager
To be successful in this role we expect you to. All employees should master DRC's core competencies:
- Prepare and share work plan with the CPT Officer according to the programme detail and implementation plan
- Provide the CTP Officer with relevant documents, and channel issues.
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.