The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Supply Chain - Cash Based Transfer)
Requisition #: 100643
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- This position is found in Maiduguri Area Office, Nigeria Country Office. The position holder will perform supply chain CBT functions and directly report to the Logistics Officer (CBT) or designate.
- At this level, the position holder is expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for supply chain CBT.
- The position holder is able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
- To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain CBT processes and activities to enable effective delivery of supply chain CBT services.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Plan and participate in multi-sectoral assessments to determine the supply chain needs and analyze risks with respect to cash-based transfer interventions;
- Perform the retail supply chain mapping (retail value chain mapping);
- Plan and execute engagements with partners in the supply chain CBT activities;
- Provide support to logistics CBT operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations;
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement;
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set;
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards;
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.