About the Job
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for all the below responsibilities for Katsina Office according to ACTED guidelines Under the authority of Senior Logistics Officer & Area Logistics Manager
- To support the Base Manager and the Security department to find the premises based on the pre-determined criterion.
- To set-up Katsina Base according to the Logistics and Security requirements.
- To create a relevant and efficient Suppliers Database in Katsina Base.
- To support the IT Officer for the installation of the internet connexion.
- To communicate with the pre-selected Car Rental Service provider to ensure smooth fleet management before the signature of a 1-year FWA.
- To receive Order form – cross-check the items and ensure the OF filled with clear descriptions, delivery timeline, delivery location as well as the budget has validated by Finance.
- To spot gaps in the setup of the Office/ GH of the base and start procurements in consolidation with Base Manager and Area Logistics Manager.
- To ensure the regular update of the Order Form Follow-up (OFFU).
- To ensure overall compliance with ACTED procurement procedures.
- To ensure a fair and transparent selection of suppliers.
- To follow-up with the Finance department on a bi-weekly basis and the contract follow-up (CFU), to ensure all procurement contracts under scenario (C) are registered and recorded.
- To follow up with office/GH cleaner/laundryman for any ad hoc purchases or services required for ACTED premises.
- To facilitate all procurements of running costs for the base.
- To ensure the signature of Framework Agreements with trustworthy vendors for the items/services purchased on a recurrent basis for the Office or activities.
- Ensure information flow with other departments for effective service delivery thus securing the successful conclusion of the programs.
Delivery Follow up/ Stock Management:
- To ensure all procurement has been followed by delivery follow up (waybills, reception vouchers, and packing list).
- To follow and ensure that the signed waybill, reception vouchers, and packing list are collected after each delivery IMMEDIATELY.
- To attach and file each delivery form (waybill, reception voucher, and packing list) with each relevant purchase documents in the designated folder.
- To ensure the received quantity in the waybill(s) corresponds with the purchase documents and Order Form (OF).
- To communicate and provide the purchase delivery documents with Finance for supplierТs payments.
- To keep the stock files updated and a neat and clean stock.
- To ensure that the stock management documents are filled daily (based on the in/out of the stock) and ensure the weekly reporting to the Area Logistics Manager.
- To ensure overall compliance with the stock management procedures.
- To create and update regularly the procurement folders for each ongoing program based on purchase scenarios
- To create and or update the Order form follow up folders (open order form to be placed in this folder)
- To update the procurement folders regularly and ensure that all procurement documents are collected with high attention on transparency and ACTED FLAT guidelines
- To ensure both soft and hard filling for all procurements done for Katsina Base.
- To plan daily movements of the fleet in Katsina to facilitate adapted services to the program teams.
- To make sure all vehicles are operational and in the good and safe condition through daily checks and the management of maintenance.
- Liaise with Fleet Assistant Maiduguri for operational planning of cars and drivers.
- To report efficiently to the Fleet assistant Maiduguri for any fleet challenges.
- To ensure Logbooks are properly filled by the drivers in Katsina
- To ensure the efficient use of the Generator(s) and ensure regular maintenance.
- To report to the Area Logistics Manager the Motorized Asset Follow-up (TRA-06) monthly.
- To keep the Asset Follow-up (AST-05) updated.
- To report to the Area Logistics Manager the Asset Follow-up (AST-05) monthly.
- To create appropriate documentation when handed over assets to ACTED staff.
- To ensure the repairs of the assets of Katsina staff with the support of the IT Officer.
- To ensure a constant and good internet connexion at any time.
- Weekly Base Report
- Monthly Motorized Asset Report.
- Monthly Stock Report.
- Monthly Assets & Inventory Report.
- Monthly Communication cost Report.
- Monthly Log Progress Report
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries:
- The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work in are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED program objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies.