In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Note: The positions are contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
All positions are for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Drivers)
Locations: Damaturu-Yobe, Maiduguri-Borno and Yola-Adamawa
Slot: 3 Openings
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Supervisor: Report to the Project and Logistics Officer.
- The Logistics Assistant (Driver) is in charge of driving staff to various destinations.
- The position holder will also provide logistics and administrative support to staff during workshop.
- The Driver is in charge of driving staff to various destinations.
- Provide logistics and administrative support to staff during workshop.
- Daily cleans vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm, travels after 6pm must have prior approval of the AG&C.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled accurately, timely and regularly.
- Report to the PD and Project/Logistics Officer of any accidents or issues involving the project vehicles.
- Compliance with motor vehicle and travel policy of AUN and the Project regulations.
- Ensure vehicles have tool kit, jack, umbrella, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.