Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe State
Position Type: Regular
Duration: 4 months (extendable)
- S/he will handle contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, and other logistics tasks and provides support to the sub-offices’ and projects’ administration on procurement related matters.
- Support inventory management of all expendable and non-expendable items under the projects
- Initiate regular warehouse physical inventory counting and prepare reports on it
- Provide regular submission of logistics and assets, in particular fleet management reports
- Follow up pre-shipment inspection waiver, etc. from the relevant shippers and authorities
- Follow up tax exemptions from the relevant authorities
- Inspect goods received to ensure their quantity and quality and approved acceptance
- Follow-up the payment of goods and services invoices and bills, and advise Accounts on terms and conditions of contract relating to supply of goods and services to ensure that payments are made as agreed
- Ensure the completeness and chronological filling of L.P. O’s and Request for Payments
- Ensure 24 hours’ feedback to staff on completeness of PR’s submitted and prompt feedback on delivery of items,
- Maintain and update individual vendor files and update the Manual Procurement Status Report,
- Ensuring new vendors and Consultant’s fill vendor questionnaires with all the required documentations attached and do Bridger checks on them
- Request for Quotations, ensure vendor’s sign L.P. O’s and follow up with the prompt delivery of items
- Manage travel requirements of staff
- Ensure the effectiveness of the supply system and appropriate assets management
- Execute necessary contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, monitoring and other logistics tasks in strong coordination with other respective units.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Initiate assets tagging, verification, maintenance, monitoring and write-off/disposal as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures
- Initiate customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipment and/or vehicles for all CARE’S assets held by projects
- Monitor life-cycle/shelf-life of assets and equipment
- Monitor all sub-equipment accounts to ensure there is no waste, fraud or misuse of equipment or materials and that surplus or excessive stocks of equipment are not being held
- Support function of warehousing within CARE Maiduguri operations and produce official release and receiving documents