EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
Fistula Care Plus is a five-year global project funded by USAID and managed by EngenderHealth in partnership with the Population Council, Di Magi Associates, Direct Relief, the Fistula Foundation (U.S.), the Maternal Health Task Force, and Terrewode. The main purpose of the project is to prevent and repair obstetric fistula.
Based in Abuja, the M&E officer will be responsible for monitoring and collection of data for internal and external reporting from project activities and partner sites, collating such data and transmitting collated summaries to the Senior M&E Advisor. The M&E officer will work under the supervision of the Senior M&E Advisor. S/he will participate in project reporting, research activities, train facility staff on assuring data quality and the use of data for decision-making.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with project staff and partners to gather project data, ensure data integrity, clean data and follow-up with project partners on any data requiring clarification.
• Strengthen the use of the client booklet and client tracker database in all supported fistula centers.
• Follow up with the state HMIS officers to enter State Fistula data into the national online database (DHIS)
• Send reviewed state level data to the Snr. M&E advisor for final review and compilation
• Coordinate quarterly State RH/FP and LGA Coordinators’ data review meetings
• Contribute to and maintain project files for all collected data and materials
• Responsible for entry of project data into Engenderhealth’s online database
• Establish and retain a record of each project activity, tasks and milestones and assist project staff with preparation and follow-up of reports on project activities.
• Assist in the coordination of special studies and/or surveys as required by the M&E plan.
• Assist in the production of routine monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as well as special reports on project initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor