SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machine Specialist, Energy & Fluids
Reference Number: SAB-507
Location: Ilesa, Osun
- Opportunity exists for a highly skilled Machine Specialist, Energy & Fluids.
- The Successful candidate will maintain, repair and optimise the E&F plant and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality at minimum cost without sacrificing standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift-based teams during operations.
- Assist as functional expert in problem solving.
- This must be undertaken in support of the Process Artisan Where requested, provide guidance and advice to the shift-based teams on mechanical equipment, mechanical faultfinding and correct responses to mechanical failure modes
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner
- Partake in maintenance post mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learnings from maintenance activities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem-solving techniques.
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the Technician has carried out as per SAP requirements.
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem-solving approach to resolve
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Engineering Controller for direction
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request Take part in FFA's on request
- Improve SWI's, SOP's and maintenance tasks on an ongoing basis as issues arise to ensure that the loop is closed out to prevent issues arising.
Housekeeping and Safety:
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate AB InBev policies and procedures
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 4S principles during the execution of duties