Human Capital Partners (HCP) is a professional services firm specialising in the provision of professional services covering the entire spectrum of the Human Resources function. HCP is the successor firm of the erstwhile Executive Selection and Training Services group of KPMG in Nigeria. The Group existed as the Executive Selection unit within Arthur Andersen Nigeria and in 2002, became KPMG Nigeria’s Executive Selection & Training Services Group. The practice was established as an independent entity in July 2011. Human Capital Partners is a member of the International People Services Network, a network of independent but collaborating ex-KPMG firms operating globally and is registered with the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, The Nigerian Institute of Training and Development, and the Centre for Management Development (CMD) Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Title: Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: Media / Advertising / Branding
Our client is a leading power generation company with a focus on the development and operation of independent power plants. Driven by a private-sector philosophy to deliver on its specific projects, the Company is championing a vehicle for attracting significant investment and human capital in order to transform the Power industry and provide electricity to millions of Nigerians.
Amongst other strengths, the Company adopts best practices in its operational systems, processes and procedures, and has assembled an exceptional team, with a broad diversity of skills, expertise and experience, who share a strong purpose for making a positive impact.
As part of on-going initiatives to enhance its capacity to achieve its goals, as well as make a meaningful impact in the society, our client seeks to recruit a dynamic, exceptional and results-oriented professional to fill the position of Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility for its operations in the Niger Delta region of the country.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy and programmes. Inherent in this is the assessment, selection, implementation and monitoring of selected social investments projects that make a tangible, positive and long-term difference to the lives of under-served people and communities throughout Nigeria.
As the focal point for Corporate Social Responsibility activities, he/she will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of optimum value and impact from the Company’s social investment strategy, activities and projects.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Identify, assess and propose specific social investment projects, including projects being implemented by NGO partners, in line with agreed investment criteria.
- Review project budgets for reasonableness, ascertain market cost pricing and prepare funding requirements and financial plans.
- Supervise and coordinate the project contractor selection process for the Company’s CSR projects.
- Manage site mobilisation, implementation, completion, handover and delivery of social investment projects on time and within approved budget limits.
- Create and coordinate relevant volunteer activities and events for charities and communities in order to engage employees and raise awareness of the Company’s CSR programmes.
- Source, secure and sustain partnerships with other partner organisations or institutions who have similar CSR ambitions to leverage scale and economies.
- Monitor and measure project implementation, as well as maintain pictorial and written records of all projects implemented.
- Prepare periodic reports of planned, on-going and completed projects for each Corporate Social Responsibility cycle and year.