Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Kigali, Cairo and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Engineering Experience (HRBP)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- Andela is growing it’s engineering experience team exponentially in 2019. Join our growing team in supporting Andela’s engineering community. This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate and talented HRBP to innovate alongside a stellar team and equally passionate and driven managers. Your role will support the implementation of a variety of programs and initiatives that create a compelling employee experience for all engineers at Andela. This role is an awesome opportunity to blend employee advocacy and engagement with driving key business outcomes.
- You will act as a liaison for employees and managers, focusing on supporting and implementing people team programs. You will provide guidance and support on people processes, procedures and initiatives. You will collect qualitative feedback that assists the broader Engineering Experience team in delivering both exceptional partner and employee experiences.
- This role reports to a more senior member of the Eng Exp team (Manager or SM)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of engineering experience programs and initiatives through execution including retention strategies, performance management, recognition and reward, culture and connection, career development and advancement, onboarding
- 1st point of contact for engineers on all matters including lifecycle events.
- Able to resolve issues independently and minimize escalations, seamless transfer between you, people operations and partner engineering
- Support partner engineering and (future management structure for engineers) to nurture a culture that rewards growth in critical skills, competencies and delivery
- Connect engineers to learning and growth opportunities provided by TDD, amplify learning and development strategies and communications
- Work with Senior HRBP for your pod to manage communication and engagement especially with regard to change, providing clarity and transparency
- Manage employee relations, disciplinary/grievances,
- Genuine interest in building and maintaining relationships with engineers, partner engineering and the broader people team in service of creating a compelling employee value proposition.