Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Management Sciences for Health (MSH) works shoulder-to-shoulder with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, sustainable health systems.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation / Health Systems Strengthening (M&E / HSS) Officer
Job ID: 13-11022
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A576 - PMI - S
Reports To: State Coordinator, Akwa Ibom State.
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
- The M&E/HSS Officer will be supervised by and report to the State Coordinator.
- S/he will provide technical leadership of PMI-S HSS interventions, including the roll-out and integration of PMI-S M&E plans in the states with other HSS activities as well as generating strategic data for program management, reporting, and documentation of best practices.
- The position will use analyzed and triangulated HMIS, LMIS, and surveillance data at strategic policy and management discussions to influence state HSS.
- S/he will build the capacity of SMEP and LGA malaria focal persons in use of evidence to influence HRH, health financing, and service delivery system decisions.
- S/he will provide timely analyzed data to inform AOP processes.
- The position will build capacity of SMEP and LGA malaria focal persons in monitoring AOP implementation and budget performance to inform mTWG decisions.
- Provide technical guidance in the planning and implementation of all state and LGA level M&E/HSS activities.
- Develop and implement an M&E/HSS plan for the program in the state, in collaboration with the State Coordinator
- Take lead in the implementation of PMI-S state level Task Order M&E plans and state work plan and reporting on USAID indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Coordinator.
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the PMI-S central database and ensure timely M&E/HSS technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Build capacity of SMEP and LGA M&E officers in monitoring and evaluation, data management and data use.
- Support the SMEP team to analyze and use data to inform decisions and guide malaria interventions.
- Participate in data quality review meetings at the state and LGA levels
- Work with SMEP and LGAs to train health workers in the use of HMIS tools.
- Support monitoring of quality of service at health facilities.
- Take lead in implementation of selected health systems interventions including for example evidence-based state malaria annual planning to fit into state planning and budgeting cycle.
- Support state malaria partners to build an evidence base to monitor state malaria program performance towards elimination goals.
- Provide HRH analytics to inform state HRH deployment and management practices.
- Engage with the State DHPRS, SPHCDA, State Health Insurance Scheme to mainstream state malaria budgets in state government budget.
- Provide TA in analysis and management of a state Malaria Data Repository drawing from the federal MDR instance; and promote dissemination of information to policy and decision makers through bulletins and policy briefs.