Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Management Sciences for Health (MSH) works shoulder-to-shoulder with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, sustainable health systems.
Job Title: M&E Specialist
Job ID: 13-10997
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A559 - Nigeria GF Malaria
Reports To: Senior Technical Manager, M&E
- The objective of the M&E Specialist position is to provide technical leadership at the state level.
- The position of State-based M&E Specialist will oversee all M&E activities for the program within the designated state and strengthening the facility records and data collection officers, ensuring quality and timeliness of data collection and reporting.
- S/he will provide technical oversight and guidance to strengthen state-level M&E systems, ensuring proper orientation, mentoring and quality supervision to state M&E staff and M&E units in the State Ministries of Health
- Spearhead the roll-out of Global Fund Malaria M&E plan in line with Global Fund and national reporting requirements
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State GF Malaria project plan in collaboration with the country M&E lead and State M&E specialist
- Take lead in the implementation of GF Malaria state M&E plan and reporting formats for GF indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Country technical lead and team
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the GF central database and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of LGA and State M&E officers at SMoH, HMB, SMEP, health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Coordinate regular data quality assessments, undertaken in a participatory manner, with facility staff and ensure the completeness, consistency and validity of routine data.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation in the sites is of international standard and quality by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
- Build capacity of local partners including LGA and State M&E officers at SMoH, HMB, SMEP, others in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, used program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Provide technical support in evaluation research (including sampling strategies, analysis and presentation of data) to the local research groups working on the Secure the Future project.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams.
- Assist the Senior M&E manager to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with GF Malaria management to document and publish best practices.
- Perform any other task to be assigned by your supervisor.