GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Lead, Frontline Operations
Requisition ID: WD202862
Position: Full time
Functional area: IT
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- Manage 2nd Level Help Desk & Infrastructure Support for all GSK Shared Services across the Market
- Ensure any “walk-up” support requests are logged into the Remedy System and a ticket generated
- Meet required Remedy Ticket SLA’s
- Provide End-To-End lifecycle support of GSK SOE PC / Mobile Hardware
- Provide on-site Infrastructure “Physical Intervention” support for Core EIS teams & 3rd Party Suppliers
- As requested and agreed, participate in Projects/Pilots for shared service sites as a team member for the delivery of Tech Operations services
- Support delivery of Global GSK programs
- Be aligned with GSK values and expectations
Key Deliverables: Commodity Services
Market Leads :
- Manage team resources and prioritise workloads where applicable
- Manage vendor resources where applicable (may incl. contract mgmt.)
- Attend & participate in Service Review Meetings
- Manage and Control the cluster Tech Ops OPEX & CAPEX spend to meet budget targets. Escalate any budget issues/concerns
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with the Key Stakeholders that deliver effective & integrated service response.
- Represent Frontline Operations within the Cluster and communicate Frontline operations Strategies to Key Stakeholders
- In collaboration with Procurement manage 3rd Party Vendors and contract re-negotiations
- Drive continuous Service Improvements and ideas on cost savings
- Provide primary Frontline Operations Point of Contact in the event of a Crisis being delared ina cluster
- Provide resources for M&A support
- To provide the business areas proactive and reactive user support and basic user training for new user on boarding.
- Coordinate all Data Gathering requirements for Core EIS groups
- Assist Central Frontline Operations is developing Infrastructure Tech Refresh Plans
- Maintain region Project Portfolio Dashboard
- Report status of Projects at Regional PRB
- Escalate Project Delivery issues to Core Tech or Frontline Operation’s Service Owners
- Prioritise project delivery resources in alignment with BUIT & Core EIS requirements
- Ensure all projects are entered into PPM and follow all Stage Gate approvals approach
- Ensure clear communications to all Key Stakeholders during project delivery is maintained
2nd Level Desk Side Support:
- Manage & Maintain Remedy Ticket Queue to ensure accurate recording of support request s received and resolution activities taken
- Manage Remedy Ticket Queue to ensure ticket SLA’s are met
- Ensure all “walk-up” requests for support are entered into Remedy System to create a ticket
- Communicate to users the progress of a ticket from receipt to closure
- Build, Deploy & Support GSK Standard SOE PC Hardware
- Diagnose HW & SW problems, organize replacement of defective PC components
- Support Standard Collaboration Tools ( Outlook, OCS & LM)
- Remote Access assistance (Junos Pulse, Soft & Hard Tokens Testing)
- Requisition tapes, cables and general computer supplies as and when needed
- Respond to critical Out of Hours Support requests
- Provide Printer Support and where required in coordination with any 3rd Party Vendors
- Provide Executive Support for those countries where the service has been implemented & for people who qualify for the service
- Provide local VTC/Meetings support
- Manage IT Admin activities (Raising PO’s, SW&HW License Management & X-Charging)
PC Life Cycle Hardware Support:
- Manage the Purchase of PC’s, Coordinate the Build & Deployment of PC’s and asset disposal of PC equipment
- Manage Storage of spare PC equipment
- Manage the physical inventory of PC equipment
Communications Support (Incidents / Planned Changes):
- As directed by Central Groups or BSC’s , provide Outage Notifications to impacted users and provide regular updates as needed for incidents and planned outages
- As directed be a Primary Point of Contact and provide Communication to end users on impacting Central Initiatives
- Escalate in a timely manner to direct report any issues, concerns or incidents in regards to the supply of EIS Support Services that is impacting business productivity
- Provide IP Telephony Support.
- Manage & Liaise with Vendors as required in executing support services in alignment with support contracts
- Provide Mobile Phone Support (Purchase, Storage & Break/Fix)
Data Centre Management Support:
- Manage Computer Room Environments (UPS/Air Conditioning/Monitoring Controls)
- Manage Access Controls to Computer rooms to meet audit requirements
- Manage General Cleaning & Maintenance of Computer Rooms
- Co-ordinate the raising and monitoring of calls to 3rd Party Vendors for onsite repairs & maintenance of equipment/services
- Manage Physical Infrastructure equipment of racking & cabling (Network & Server) in Data Centre’s and Network Cabinets around building sites
- Provide Back-Up tape management support to the BSC Backup/Storage team & coordinate 3rd Party offsite tape storage
- Manage the asset disposal of Infrastructure equipment to 3rd Party
- Approval of Chameleon Change Requests
- Provide on-site Infrastructure “Physical Intervention” support for Core EIS teams & 3rd Party Suppliers in the event of any incidents or planned infrastructure outages
BCP / ITCP:
- Participate in the review of local ITCP’s to ensure alignment with BCP’s
- Coordinate and participate with other required IT Teams in agreed ITCP Testing schedules
- Ensure all EIS components of ITCP testing are successfully completed and any actions/issues for EIS are followed-up and resolved
IT Security & Risk Compliance:
- Participate in any audit preparations representing EIS as required
- Present & Explain requested documents to auditors as required, ensuring EIS central teams including EIS Q&C & BSC’s are informed of any internal/external audit enquiries
- Ensure Risk Management Systems for any local EIS related infrastructure/services are updated and maintained
- Attend any scheduled Infrastructure (Network/Server/Telephony) & Help Desk Service Review meetings
- Provide VoC feedback on supplied services to the meeting
Other Types of Support:
- As requested and agreed, participate in Projects/Pilots for shared service sites as a team member for the delivery of EIS services.
- Track all Procurement requests for the delivery of IT Hardware & Software.
- Raise and manage IT related PO’s and coordinate invoice payments through Finance systems
- PAMS Management
- Office re-furbishment upgrades & re-location moves
- Assist in meeting budget targets and working with local Finance in following-up with queries
Key Deliverables: Value Add Services
- Support Central Frontline Operations & Service Owners in capacity planning on Infrastructure Services
Other Types of Support:
- Provide remote off-site support for Sales Force / Senior Management at special events
- Legacy Operation – Provide 1st Level Help Desk Support to Sales Force
- Provide support for components of the iPAD Support model where needed due to lack of resources/skills
- Provide Support for Conference Management (Audio Visual Setup etc.) e.g. Regional Brand Summit, HCP Meetings, Andrew and Emma board meetings.
- Provide support for Power generator management / maintenance & fuelling.
- Meetings Rooms setup inclusive of data show management, audio conferencing.
- Live Meeting / WebEx Setup, invitation management for country level, regional level meetings. E.g. Budget cycle planning meeting, GM broadcast. (Live IT)
- Setup of emails / Applications, Chat client, on mobile phones (Personal / Official)
- Logistics of issuing PO of IT items, e.g. Toners, Computer Papers, IT Accessories.
2nd Level Desk Side Support:
- Provide After Hours/Weekend support for scheduled VTC meetings by Senior Management
- F2F User Training Sessions on Collaboration Tools
- Translating of Central Team Communications for local markets in local languages
- Provide Printing Shop Services
- Where needed provide support for Business Applications
1st Level Desk Side Support:
- First line support on site in cases where remote support by SD is not feasible
- Build strong relationships with local Tech Groups in the delivery of Frontline Operation’s services
- Build strong relationships with Core Operations & Central Service Groups
- Demonstrable ability to build and maintain relationships with users
- Ensure Customer Service levels are met (Services SLA, agreed VOC level)
- Knowledge of global GSK Business Operations, Core Tech and all BU Tech Functions including shared services
- Knowledge of GSK Infrastructure / Desktop Architecture and Standards
- Keeps stakeholders well informed of change in a timely and effective fashion.
- Work with on-site Frontline Operations staff and/or Core Tech & Central teams on service implementation and where required on-going support
- Interacts effectively across boundaries with other IT groups, demand and supply organizations, in country and above country like the Tech Centres , Network Operations, Core EIS teams etc.
- Identifying opportunities for Frontline Operations Process & Service improvements
- Proven ability to provide effective Infrastructure solutions and to understand technology functions/issues to interpret its application for addressing business goals.
- Capability to define and establish effective ways of working both within the team and with support partners.
- Understand that the needs of validation and risk management in executing support role.
- Negotiate with service providers; internal and external, (Third Parties) to ensure that services are designed to meet the competing demands of standardized solutions and local business requirements.
- Communicates proactively with stakeholders and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.