GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Activations Manager - Pain
Requisition ID: WD176994
Position: Full time
Functional area: Marketing
- Accountable for accelerated share, sales and profit growth for assigned brand portfolios over 3>1 plan.
- Develop growth strategy of the Nigeria CH business for assigned brands through adaptation and adoption of global category and brand strategies.
- Partner with Category & Area marketing teams to deliver winning marketing and innovation plans for Nigeria based on actionable commercial, competitor and consumer insight to drive Nigeria brand share and equity ahead of competition
- Accountable for brand performance tracking for assigned portfolios across Nigeria and recommend remedial action
- Partner with Area Marketing manager and other functional stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Regulatory and GMS) to ensure co-delivery of Winning Formula and commercial goals
- Share best practice across the Africa Area
- Ensure compliance with global category guidelines and local regulatory requirements
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Build category defining brands our consumers will love:
- Develop actionable local insights (consumer, shopper, expert and competitor) that build on Africa insight to generate locally relevant Task Maps driving focus at LOC
- Ensure the Brand Heart is brought to life and consistently activated across all touch points to build long term brand equity
- Identify investment priorities with appropriate mix between advertising and in-store efforts in collaboration with sales channel, Area marketing and category management.
- Develop winning creative briefs and lead co-creation with agency partners to adapt global creative executions by exception addressing validated local insights and improving ROI
- Deliver excellence in commercial delivery to become first choice for shoppers, customers and experts:
- Develop winning Market Activation Plans (MAPs) in the context of the trade and competitor environment in partnership Area Marketing teams.
- Define optimal channel focus and mix, and develop inspiring activation toolkits (to include key visuals, promotion and activation guidelines) to drive winning LOC execution
- Contribute to the development of the shopper strategy, driving LOC teams to win the war in the store with powerful visibility for our brands in the ‘last metre’ across modern, traditional, pharmacy & expert channels
- Collaborate on expert marketing strategies to strengthen “expert recommended” differentiation for relevant brands
- Use science and innovation to improve lives:
- Recommend innovation plans across Nigeria markets
- Brilliant in-market execution of new product launches using global launch models and best practice
- Validate, localize and consistently deploy winning claims working closely with Area Marketing, Category, regulatory, medical and activation teams
- Deliver high quality products and service at the right time and cost:
- Work with Supply Chain partners to optimize gross margins and COG‘s
- Deliver complexity reduction and value engineering initiatives to simplify supply chain and remove cost
- Manage assigned brand portfolio to maximize sales and profit for GSK
- Work with Finance to analyze the P&L and identify the impact of alternative actions
- Shape talent and culture by living our values and developing our people in a high performance culture:
- Build one Africa mindset and cross functional team for brand
- Leverage Marketing Way as “the way GSK does marketing”
- Share best practice with LOC team members and Area Marketing.
- Have regular field visits with in-market sales and activation teams
- Live the GSK values & behaviors and compliance with all GSK codes of practice.
- Impact measurement in driving business to first and best FMCH:
- Responsible for tracking brand equities and recommending remedial action
- Innovation planning, sequencing, implementation planning, tracking and learning.