Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager - Events & Sponsorship
Reporting to: EHoD Commercial
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- To ensure that the key deliverable in the marketing plan are achieved on time and budget, whilst developing new initiatives to support the overall brand strategy and assist the business to achieve its marketing objectives.
- Reporting to the EHOD Commercial, candidate will be responsible for delivery of the marketing plan as it relates to the Events and Sponsorship sector predominantly in Nigeria, but also involve in the coordination of activities with Vodacom Business Group Africa. As the first point of contact for marketing with regards to Events and Sponsorship, will coordinate marketing activities mainly in Vodacom Business Nigeria as it relates to Events and Sponsorship.
Core marketing areas include:
- Events Management.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) Programmes
- Sponsorship management and promotions
- Product Marketing and Channel Support
- Vendor and Agencies Management
- Collateral material management & distribution
- The responsibilities of this role will include developing and implementing of the Commercial Sponsorship and events strategy, preparing of commercial proposals, negotiating and agreeing sponsorship opportunities with the marketing team.
- Candidate will work closely with the agencies, media vendors and corporate clients to maximise coverage.
- Candidate will build and maintain strong external relationships with potential sponsors and events host, corporate partners, and supporters, through securing and leading new business meetings and maintaining strong relationships.
- He/she will ensure that all approaches to the corporate sector are tracked consistently, through effective use of an internal system or tracking spreadsheet.