The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria's most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Material Procurement Coordinator
Business: Oil & Gas
Fuction/Domain: Petroleum Production Engineering
- We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Material/Procurement Coordinator to oversee purchases and develop new contracts.
- In this position, you will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
- The Material/Procurement Coordinator will be based at either the onshore work site or at the onshore logistics base for offshore projects and report to the Senior Operations Engineer.
- The MPC will be responsible for ensuring that materials and supplies are ordered and delivered when and where it is required by the Site Supervisors.
- The MPC will be responsible for the timely completion of requisitions with proper descriptions of the goods service required with the date required.
- The MPC will be responsible for gathering requisitions from the sites and passing them to the Procurement Manager for purchasing who is then responsible for informing the MPC of placement of orders and overall status.
- The MPC will be the interface between the site and the suppliers that have been given the Purchase Orders according to the Site Requisitions.
- The MPC will track requisition and the placement of orders on a daily basis and publish daily progress reports to ensure all parties are informed of progress made.
- The MPC will assist the Procurement Manager with the transportation and delivery of goods and services and keep all informed of the status of delivery, receipt and onward shipping on a boat if offshore.
- The MPC will be responsible for creating cargo manifests for onward shipping on trucks and boats and informing recipients of their status.