Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Materials Development Advisor
Job Ref.: MATER01626
Job type: Full-time
- The seven-year PLANE project, funded by the Department for International Development (DfID), is a flagship basic education programme to be implemented in Nigeria starting next year. The Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) project will directly support improved learning of foundational skills for children in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa states and indirectly benefit children in those states and nationally, to enable better learning outcomes including for marginalized groups of children.
- Creative is seeking a Materials Development Advisor who will be responsible for the development of reading and instructional materials, ensuring that the content of the materials developed is effective.
- S/he will also be responsible for leading the production of multimedia classroom and instructional materials to ensure they adhere to the content developed by the Ministry of Education.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Materials Development Advisor will report to the Learning for Results Lead.
- Review and develop teaching manuals and guides for in-service training that will be used to roll out the teacher trainings;
- Develop training materials that include how to teach the component skills of reading, classroom-based reading assessment, and methodology for teaching fundamental reading skills to children, as well as oral reading skills development in Hausa;
- Ensure that all pedagogical materials align with government requirements and build on existing training materials as recommended by the Ministry of Education;
- Ensure availability of materials available in innovative IT formats to support self-learning where possible; and
- Collaborate with the other projects to ensure linkages and shared approaches and materials.