At Chemonics, we believe our mission of helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives is driven by our commitment to service-service to our mission, to our beneficiaries, to our clients, and to our staff. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries face difficult challenges, from political instability to limited healthcare to a lack of market infrastructure. We have helped them overcome those challenges by working together to find and implement innovative projects that achieve development impact. We are entirely employee-owned, giving us both the freedom and the responsibility to pursue our mission with single-minded focus. Holding ourselves to the highest quality standards, we are also committed to living our values of caring, excellence, innovation, integrity, and opportunity to implement efficient and effective programs that build a better future for those we serve.
Job Title: Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) State Logistics Advisor
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
GHSC-PSM has been tasked by USAID to improve access to MNCH commodities in three States: Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto. GHSC-PSM will be coordinating its work with other USAID implementing partners tasked with other aspects of health systems strengthening in the three states. GHSC-PSM will also align its activities with the SMOH and work closely with the State Health authorities in support of strong supply system for MNCH commodities.
The MNCH State Logistics Advisor will be expected to work with the State, IHP project office, Breakthrough Action and other key partners to coordinate and support the PSM of MNCH commodities in these priority State.
Specifically, the MNCH State Logistics Advisor will conduct the following:
- Strategically collaborate with IHP and Breakthrough Action to ensure cooperative and integrated approach to improving MNCH services in respective States
- Provide technical support and advocate for strategic planning, governance, financing & PSM coordination
- Advocate for the provision of high quality MNCH commodities and good MNCH logistics management practices with both government counterparts and implementing partners
- Work in collaboration with the GoN Stakeholders, Implementing Partners, etc. in identifying and providing technical support for institutional and individual capacity building at the State level
- Facilitate the improvement of State MNCH supply chain coordination role through MNCH specific technical working groups and quantification sub-committee, partners forum and other core PSM activities
- Lead the pilot of targeted State-led MNCH SC interventions within focal States
- In collaboration with the State LMCU, carry out capacity development on specific MNCH supply chain interventions with measurable outcome as fallouts of assessments
- Lead the system strengthening activities of logistics and supply chain management for the MNCH programs, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners at the State level in priority States
- Provide technical assistance for annual national and State-specific quantifications (forecasting and supply planning) of MNCH commodities, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and USAID partners
- Provide technical assistance for quality and timely MNCH data collection, analysis, reporting and feedback to facilitate data visibility and accountability in priority States
- Facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate logistics officers in implementing the MNCH commodities logistics system in supported States
- Provide technical assistance for the development of tools or in developing or revising standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other policy documents for MNCH program management at the State level
- In collaboration with GHSC-PSM office in Abuja, support the MNCH focused end-use verification and other routine or designated field assignments
- Provide technical assistance for the conduct of MNCH SC focused supportive supervision at the health facilities, in partnership with other USAID partners, state LMCU and MNCH program supply chain operators
- In priority States, lead on the roll-out of the specific outcomes of the HCD assessment by stakeholders
- Provide technical assistance for performance management of routine monitoring of routine MNCH SCM performance
- Write routine monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to relevant program stakeholders
- Contribute to the identification of best practices and success stories for GHSC-PSM circulation
- Work with designated consultants or short-term technical assistance providers to carry out requisite activities and facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate local staff
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- The MNCH Logistics Advisor, will report directly to the Senior Manager, Region 5 on Administrative activities and to the Program Manager, MNCH on Technical activities.