nternational Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for the overall planning and implementation of monitoring all activities and outputs of the active projects.
- In consultation with supervisor, the MEAL Officer will undertake training responsibilities to equip the local government, partner organizations and community level staff/volunteers to undertake monitoring tasks.
- The MEAL Officer will contribute to efforts in outcome evaluation; and will draft and submit monitoring reports to the MEAL Coordinator.
- Apply the output indicators of the project to measure the achievement of each task and objective.
- Collect, analyze data and reports based on already developed templates on a regular basis from the field.
- Plan and conduct regular site visits to objectively observe the status of project implementation using the developed program supervisory & monitoring checklist
- Support the M&E Manager with monitoring data and relevant findings in preparations for the partnership, coordination and review meetings
- Provide training along with the M&E Coordinator to ensure the project and partner organization staff as well as the relevant government staff are capable of undertaking tasks under the project implementation
- Conduct monitoring visits to track indicators on all outputs
- Monitor partner organization’s performance on all project activities
- Design and conduct case studies in collaboration with the M&E Coordinator for projects implemented
- Write monitoring reports and success stories on project interventions, to submit to the M&E Coordinator.
- Maintain frequent communication with Project Managers to ensure program activities and objectives are communicated
- Assist in the capture of lessons learned and best practices for the response
- Assist staff person responsible for coordinating the development of donor program reports and internal reports
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.