The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) invites application from qualified Nigerians for Direct Regular Commission (DRC) / Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) into the Nigerian Air Force in the underlisted position:
Job Title: Medical Consultant
Applicants Must be doctors in any of the following fields of specialization: General Surgery, Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery, Oncology, Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Ophthalmology, Neurosurgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, ENT Surgery, Orthodentistry, Physicians (Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurology, and Anesthesia).
Applicants for selection as consultants MUST certify the following criteria:
- Must be Fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or its equivalent and not more than 40 years old.
- Consultants who are not more than 35 years would be granted Direct Regular Commission while those above 35 years but not more than 40 years would be granted Direct Short Service Commission.
- Must possess additional MDCN registration and have current licence to practice as a specialist.
General Academic/Professional Qualifications
- Interested applicants MUST possess a minimum of Second Class Upper division for holders of the first degree. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants MUST possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Letter of Exemption from NYSC at the time of applying for Direct Regular Commission/Direct Short Service Commission. Applicants MUST tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary) during the Selection Interview.
- Applicants MUST possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
- Attestation Forms: Applicant's attestation form MUST be signed by a military officer not below the rank of Wing Commander or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy or Nigerian Police Officer not below the rank of Assistant CP or Local Government Chairman/Secretary or magistrate from the applicant’s state of origin. The signee’s passport photograph and either photocopy of national identity card or driver’s licence or international passport must be attached.
- Letter of Attestation of Good Character: Applicants are to come along with a letter of attestation of good character from the signee of the attestation form to the Selection Interview.
- Applicants MUST not have any body tattoos.
- Applicants MUST not be members of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
- Applicants MUST not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel MUST be free from any disciplinary case.
- Applicants MUST present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians.
- On completion of the application form, applicants MUST print out the underlisted documents;
- Acknowledgment Slip,
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form and
- Local Government Attestation Form.
General Instructions for Candidates
- Nationality: Applicant MUST be a Nigerian by birth.
- Age: Applicants should not be more than 40 years by 30th September 2020
- Height: Male applicants must not be less than 1.66 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.63 meters tall.
- Medical Fitness: All applicants MUST be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force Medical and Employment Standards.
- Selection Interview will hold from 8 - 22 December 2019.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to submit for scrutiny, the original copies of their credentials at the Selection Interview. Shortlisted Applicants are to bring the following to the Selection Interview:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by officer of appropriate rank specified, Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries and other specified signatories of the attestation forms.
- Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin.
- Birth Certificate/Age declaration.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Letter of Attestation of Good Character.
- Attestation of Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- Attestation of Local Government Area Form.
- Acknowledgment Card.
- Writing Material (for aptitude test).
Conditions of Service
On successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Squadron Leader.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 19th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Selection Interview. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicant may be handed over to the Nigerian Police for prosecution.
- The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose application have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is free of charge. Applicants are required to fill valid email addresses and telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the application form.
- Technical Support: For Technical Support, please call: 09064432351, 08043440802 and 09055840142 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . All phone lines are available from 9:00AM to 5:30PM Monday - Friday.
- The Nigerian Air Force has not contracted any person(s), group(s) or company(ies) as recruitment/enlistment agent(s). This application and enlistment into the Nigerian Air Force is FREE.