Olan Comprehensive Healthcare Centers was established in August, 2005 by Dr. Soyoola. His interest in medicine started at a young age. Olan Comprehensive Healthcare Center sees patients for primary care and ob/gyn needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
- Medical technicians use sophisticated equipment and often work in several areas of a clinical lab.
- However, specialists are also needed and have different responsibilities and levels of interaction with patients.
- Some work directly with patients-phlebotomists draw blood-while others work in a lab (histotechnicians).
- Without compassionate phlebotomists, patients’ fears and phobias would be exacerbated.
- Without skilled medical laboratory technicians, tests wouldn’t be accurate and useful.
- Admit patients requiring special care, followed by investigations and treatment
- Examine and talk to patients to diagnose their medical conditions
- Collect samples of blood, urine and spinal fluid from patients and perform various laboratory tests depending upon the disease the patient is suffering from
- Perform all kinds of tests like microscopic tests, bacteriological tests and chemical tests to check the composition of the biological samples in the laboratories
- Analyze the tests that have been performed and provide relevant results that may pertain in diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases
- Check the blood group and blood type and help in successful blood transfusion for patients suffering from severe diseases
- Check, Clean, sterilize and look after the maintenance of all kinds of equipment used in the laboratories for performing various tests
- Make sure that required chemicals and infrastructure are available in the laboratories
- Test for drug levels in blood
- Carry out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations
- Work with other doctors as part of a team, either in the same department or within other specialties