Reigneth Medical Diagnostic Laboratory is recruiting currently suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Overall Job Function
- The Medical Laboratory Technician assists the Medical Laboratory Scientist in carrying out laboratory investigations through sample and specimen preparation and in documentation of activities.
- Responsible for collection and reception of all patients samples following specific SOPs.
- Performs sample preparation such as serum/plasma separation, staining of slides, urine centrifugation, concentration of stool for microscopy, and media preparation.
- Responsible for dispatch of completed laboratory reports to patients and various receiving hospitals.
- Performs the registration of samples collected or received into specimen receipt register.
- Carrying out some diagnostic investigations on samples under the supervision of the Laboratory Scientist
- Ensuring tidiness and orderliness of the Laboratory
- Ensuring proper documentation of samples and results
- Reporting to the Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Ensuring timely readiness of results for Patients
- Performs all other duties as delegated by the Supervisor.